Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quotes & Notes: Message Board Pundits

■ The RockMNation Roundtable weighs in on the definition of "success" for the Tiger Baseball season:
• The new benchmark of success, for right now, I think should continue to be making the NCAA’s because if anything has been proven this season, it is that making it year in and year out is rather tough.

• I have no problem with shifting expectations higher . . . but I simply cannot bring myself to shift expectations lower. . . The expectation at the beginning of the year was a Super Regional berth. That remains my expectation. Anything less than that would be a disappointment for me.
Tigerboard weighs in on just about everything:

bolivartiger: I hope we give Ian a start over the weekend. He's kind of been lost in the shuffle this year and he hasn't seemed to sulk even though this is his senior year. It'd be nice to see him get a start of the day they honor the seniors.

BBFanatic: Everybody is talking about sweeping Cal-Bakersfield. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's play the game. It's baseball and anything can happen. Do I think they should win all three games against Bakersfield? Of course, but I thought they should of won a lot of games this season they didn't. Take it one game at a time. Don't get too over confident. Never overlook anybody.

Tigerborn posts an old photo of the MU football coaching staff from around 1949 that includes chief scout John "Hi" Simmons

PhogNet Baseball Board: 25 discussions threads about the Royals before you find one about the Jayhawks
beatmu: Would be fun to meet Mizzou again in OKC

No comments:

Post a Comment