Friday, April 26, 2013

HI NOTES: Satan, Home Stretch, Tep on Top, Gibby on Rehab


GAME DAY


Missouri aims to make late-season run (The Maneater)
“Honestly, I think if we get enough momentum going, we’ll be a lethal team in the (SEC) tournament like we were in the Big 12,” Zastryzny said, noting the similarities between this year’s team and last year’s.
...
“It’s another opportunity for us to win,” Auburn’s coach John Pawlowski said in a teleconference Thursday. “It’s an important series for us.”

Missouri’s coach Tim Jamieson concurred.

“Auburn, like us, is fighting for one of those last spots in the tournament,” he said. “I anticipate them coming out to play.”...

MIZZOU BASEBALL IN THE MAJORS

Nick Tepesch does job again as Rangers hold off Twins, 2-1 (Dallas News)
Tepesch, who flew ahead of the team the night before to get a good night’s sleep, pitched six strong innings for his second win to lead the first-place Rangers over the Twins 2-1 on Thursday night.

The 24-year-old righty cruised through Minnesota’s lineup for most of the night. He held Joe Mauer, Josh Willingham and Justin Morneau to a combined 2 for 11. Mauer was held hitless for only the fourth time this season.

“Their two, three, four hitters are about the best you’ll see in Major League Baseball,” Rangers manager Ron Washington said. “Going through them three times, he did a good job.”

MIZZOU BASEBALL IN THE MINORS

♦ Lots of good stuff in this Interview: TwinsCentric: Q&A With Kyle Gibson (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
CF - How much of rehab is mental as well as physical?

KG - Good question, if I could say 100 percent and 100 percent I would. I would say getting over the injury is more mental than physical. You do a lot of physical work, but at the end of the rehab, you get to the point when it’s time to let it go, and it’s time to move on from the rehab, and that’s where the mental part comes in. For me, I was able to do that okay because I had an elbow surgery before. My first outing in extended, I was like, here’s a four-seamer, throw it as hard as you can, you get past that and that’s what helped me...


No comments:

Post a Comment