It was more like a nightmare for Tiger Baseball as the Arizona Wildcats' offensive explosion (20 hits) gave them a 15-3 victory last night. In the earlier game Louisville squeaked out a win against New Mexico State 3-2.
Saturday, June 2
Game 3: Game 1 New Mexico State vs. Missouri - elimination game (ESPNU/ESPN3, 6 p.m.)
Game 4: Game 1 Louisville vs. Arizona (ESPNU/ESPN3, 10 p.m.)
Sunday, June 3
Game 5: Game 3 winner vs. Game 4 loser - elimination game (ESPN3, 6 p.m.)
Game 6: Game 4 winner vs. Game 5 winner (ESPN3, 10 p.m.)
Monday, June 4
Game 7: Game 6 winner vs. Game 6 loser (ESPNU/ESPN3, 6 p.m.) (if necessary)
WORD ON THE TWEET
@MUTigersBaseball: Here's a shocker, Arizona native Dillon Everett got the loudest applause as #Mizzou was announced here at Zona.
@ChasingOmaha: Blake Brown is a homer and single away from the cycle. It's only the 2nd inning. #Mizzou
@efrey14: So pumped! Just got #ktgr radio on the bus back to mobile! Tuned in to @Hunter_Mense and @TexLittleSS let's go @MUTigerBaseball
@MUTigersBaseball: Dillon Everett just locked up the No. 2 play on Sportscenter tonight. I'm guessing Santana will be No. 1
@uberscholar: Can #Mizzou chop its way to 7 runs, too?
@MUTigersBaseball: The nine runs given up for the Tigers are their most since April 7 against Baylor (12 total).
@MZUMAT: Mizzou probably won't win this game, but it's better than being kansas.
@ACastilloCockrm: #mizzou CF Blake Brown has gotten onbase ever AB tonight. 3b, 2b, 2 bbs. Could be a nice draft pick for mlb team come Monday. #mlbdraft #cws
@bmweiss18: Tigers give up 15 for the second time this season, last time was against Indiana State when Mizzou lost 15-1.
ELSEWHERE IN NCAA REGIONALS
It was a wild night on the first day of the NCAA Regionals.
- In the Gainesville Regional, 1-seed Florida's Jonathan Crawford threw a no-hitter for the 4-0 win against 4-seed Bethune-Cookman. 7th in NCAA post-season history, first since 1991. Crawford is the Gators' #3 starter.
- On the same night, Johan Santana of the New York Mets threw a no-hitter against the Cardinals.
- In the Gary Regional, 2-seed Kentucky and 3-seed Kent State took a 5-5 tie into the 18th inning before Kent State finally scored. And then Kentucky scored, sending it to the 19th inning tied 6-6.
- The game finally end in the 21st inning after 6 hours and 37 minutes, Kent State 7, Kentucky 6
- @ChrisWebb on Twitter: Did Kentucky really lose? Idk, they were outside in Gary for 6.5 hours and nobody was robbed nor stabbed. That's a W in the game of life IMO
- A big upset at the Waco Regional: 1-seed Baylor lost to 4-seed Oral Roberts.