Tuesday, June 5, 2012

MLB Draft: MU Recruit Hunter Haynes drafted by the Royals

LHP Hunter Haynes was selected by the Kansas City Royals in the 13th round as the 403rd overall pick.

Q&A with Mizzou Commit Hunter Haynes from Mexico HS (Prep Baseball Report)
Hunter Haynes from Mexico HS ended his high school career with a bang, living up to the hype and designation as a top D1 level pitcher, a pitcher who will continue his career at Mizzou next season helping make their transition to the SEC.

In his final high school season, Haynes put up some of the top stats of anyone in the state. In forty-seven and a third innings, Haynes struck out eight four batters, while walking only ten. Haynes held batters to a .106 batting average with a microscopic 0.44 ERA.
. . .
PBR: What were the reasons that you ultimately chose Mizzou?

Haynes: I had a developed a good relationship with the coaching staff over my high school years and with the SEC move I wanted to play the best competition in the nation so I can see where I stack up against the best.

PBR: What was the relationship you had with Coach Jamison and the Mizzou staff in the recruitment process?

Haynes: I felt that my relationship with Coach Jamison and the Mizzou staff during the recruiting process was good. I always had a gut feeling that Mizzou was where I would end up even though other schools had expressed interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment