Mike Rash said Wednesday that team officials have told the family they’d like to sign their other draft picks first to see how much money they’ll have avaiable to offer his son. Once an offer is made, [Alec Rash] will have to decide on between signing with the Phillies or heading to Missouri where he’s committed to playing next season. Mike Rash said he didn’t expect a decision to be made anytime soon.♦ MU REcruits named to Missouri All-State Baseball (MHSBCA.com)
- Class 4 First Team: Ryan Phillips, Rock Bridge
- Class 3 First Team: Hunter Haynes, Mexico (signed pro contract)
- Class 3 First Team: Austin Tribby, Springfield Catholic
- Class 4 Second Team: Gerrion Grim, Fort Zumwalt South
- Class 4 Second Team: Bralin Jackson, Raytown South (signed pro contract)
- Class 4 Honorable Mention: Sean Ullrich, Marquette
Before he leaves in a couple of weeks to attend the University of Missouri, Marquette graduate Sean Ullrich has a busy weekend lined up.
Ullrich will be playing in the second annual SmilesLEAGUE Coaches’ Choice High School Seniors All-Star baseball game at Busch Stadium. The game will be Saturday (June 16) following the 1:15 p.m. St. Louis Cardinals-Kansas City Royals game.
. . .
The 6-foot-3, 180-pound outfielder, who hits and throws right-handed, batted .351 (33 hits in 94 at-bats) as a junior with six doubles, three triples, 18 RBI, 21 runs scored, 12 stolen bases and a .419 on-base percentage. Ullrich hit .286 with three doubles, one triple, 13 RBI, 12 runs scored and a .389 on-base percentage as a sophomore. As a freshman, he batted .266 with two doubles, one home run, 18 RBI, 13 runs and a .299 on-base percentage.