Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mizzou Baseball Diaspora: Hunter Talks, Brock Shines, Doug Dug

A conversation with Hunter Mense (VOX Magazine)
Have you noticed anything different about the team now?

Coach Jamieson is really the same guy as when I was here. The way he coaches is really positive, and he gets the most out of his guys. That’s something we always prided ourselves on when I was here — being able to play hard and giving it your best effort every time out. The team this year has been up and down, but as of late they’ve been just as good as the teams that I played on when I was here. They won the Big XII championship, and it’s the first time he (Coach Jamieson) has ever won it.
Digging Doug (Hyde's Inside Pitch)
Mathis struggled out of the blocks in April. He is a veteran and talked about the psychology of not letting it get to him and snowball. “Obviously, you want to get off to a fast start, but you realize as you get older, it isn’t always how you start, it’s how you finish. I would rather be a guy that finishes strong than start strong and fade down the stretch. The first couple of weeks, I was terrible. I’ve been working hard, working with Rich (Sauveur). It’s all you can do to try to get back into it.”
Grizzlies Report for Friday, June 15 (Fresno Bee)
Hitting shoes: Brock Bond went 4 for 4 to pace an 18-hit attack as the Fresno Grizzlies pounded the Salt Lake Bees 8-5 on Friday night at Spring Mobile Ballpark.
Former MU baseball star returns after injury (Columbia Tribune)
Bond hit just .171 through 11 games in April, not nearly the numbers he expected.

"I'm thinking, 'Maybe my concussion hasn't healed yet,' " Bond said. "Then May hit, and something kind of clicked. I got one hit after another."
That's a great article on Brock Bond. Be sure to click and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment