Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes

■ Tickets for the second Battle at Busch baseball game between Illinois and Missouri, scheduled for March 29, went on sale Friday morning. Tickets for the game, which starts at 6:30 p.m., are all general admission for $10. They can be purchased at the St. Louis Cardinals Battle at Busch page. Missouri won the first game last April, 7-4. Illinois will serve as the home team at this year's game.

Missouri baseball finds confidence against Lemoyne (themaneater.com)
“I started loosening up in the fifth inning after I talked to Phil (McCormick)," Stites said. "He got me going a little bit and I was like, ‘OK, these guys can’t beat me.’ I just felt great out there.”

The trend of great pitching carried into game two of the twin bill as starter Jeff Scardino and reliever Jeff Emens combined to pitch all nine innings with Scardino sacrificing the only two earned runs. Blake Brown led the Tigers offensively with two RBIs to help Missouri enter Sunday’s finale on a winning streak.
Jamieson snags 550th victory as Tigers sweep Lemoyne (themaneater.com)
As the accolades continue to pile up, Jamieson’s focus remains consistent: this year, this team.

“When we get to the end and I’m done, (the record will) mean something to me,” Jamieson said. “Right now, (I’m) just trying to figure out a way to win tomorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment