It was announced early Thursday evening that due to inclement weather in the forecast for Sunday, Mizzou and Tennessee will now play a DH on Saturday, beginning at noon CT (1 ET).
However, Tennessee later changed the schedule back:
Due to SEC policy, the game times for this weekend's series between the Tennessee and Missouri baseball teams have been reverted back to their original times of 6 p.m. on Friday, 4 p.m. on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday.Obviously, the scheduling may change again, so we'll have to watch for further news Friday night.
Per the conference's policy for inclement weather on Sundays, game times cannot be changed until weather data is reviewed late Friday night or early Saturday morning. At that time, a decision will be made about whether or not it would be prudent to play a doubleheader on Saturday in lieu of a Sunday contest.
♦ Be sure to check out Sam Nasci's Mizzou Matchup preview of the Tennessee Volunteers here at SimmonsField.com
♦ Also check out our off-season South By Southeast posts about South Carolina Baseball:
- Knoxville, TN
- Rocky Top: UT Baseball traditions
- Dave Serrano's Volunteers
- Tennessee Baseball History
Freshman @tbetty24 shows off his sparkling personality and his ping-pong skills on "This Week in Tennessee Baseball" bit.ly/14aef9c
— Tennessee Baseball (@Vol_Baseball) March 21, 2013
So basically these fans paid the $5 baseball admission price to watch UT's first football practice. Well played. twitter.com/DavidWCobb/sta…
— David Cobb (@DavidWCobb) March 9, 2013
♦ Dave Serrano on UT's victory: 'We overcame ourselves,' 5-4 (GoVolsExtra.com)
In the clubhouse, it’s simply called a “dose.”♦ Diamond Vols look to right ship (UT Daily Beacon)
And these “doses” have slowly become a staple in Tennessee’s offense.
The process to get one is simple enough — turn your back and lean toward the plate.
To others, it may be called getting hit by a pitch or beaned.
But to Tennessee baseball coach Dave Serrano, they’re known as “rally starters.”...
"Missouri doesn't come in with a great record but they have a good pitching staff," Serrano said. "Their pitching numbers are very good. To date, they haven't hit well as a team.♦ Tennessee Volunteers: Baseball And Softball Update (All For Tennessee)
"They'll be tough, they took one from South Carolina this weekend. They are not coming in to back down to anybody so we are going to have to stand up to them and look them in the face and play our type of game."
After a performance that saw the Vols get outscored 33-9 against Alabama, there a lot of aspects of the game that need improving before this weekend's action...
The Tennessee Volunteers dropped two of three games against the Alabama Crimson Tide this past weekend.♦ And yes, the Volunteers are just another bunch of college guys:
The rubber game on Sunday was an ugly affair for the Volunteers. Tennessee scored first for the third straight game, but Alabama scored 8 runs in the bottom of the first. The Vols would not score again and the Tide would add 7 more runs for a 15-1 win in the series finale...
Just saw some homeless people making out
— Trevor Charpie (@TCharpie39) March 20, 2013
No matter how old I get, I still stop and watch the "rainstorm" over the vegetables in the grocery store!! I'm still amazed!! #stillakid
— Scott Price (@TheRealSprice) March 20, 2013
These blonde mustache hairs are really killing my mustache march vibe
— Trevor Charpie (@TCharpie39) March 19, 2013
MIZZOU & THE SEC
- * #2 Vanderbilt (19-3) Swept Auburn 3-0 last weekend, then took a mid-week lost against Middle Tennessee State.
- * #5 South Carolina (18-3). Took 2 of 3 from Mizzou last weekend;
- #6 Mississippi (20-2). Won 2 of 3 vs. Arkansas last week
- * #7 LSU (19-2) Took 2 of 3 from Mississippi State
- * #10 Kentucky (16-4) Took 2 of 3 from Florida last weekend , then lost one to Western Kentucky midweek.
- #19 Mississippi State (20-4) Lost 2 of 3 to LSU last weekend.
- #21 Arkansas (14-7) Lost 2 of 3 to Ole Miss last weekend.
- * Auburn (15-6) Swept by Vanderbilt last weekend.
- * Texas A&M (15-7) Swept Georgia last weekend.
- * Alabama (13-9) Won 2 of 3 from Tennessee last weekends
- * Tennessee (11-9) Lost 2 of 3 to Alabama last weekend; then got a win against Western Carolina midweek
- * Florida (10-12) Lost 2 of 3 to Kentucky last weekend.
- * Georgia (8-13) Was swept by Texas A&M last weekend; then lost to Furman midweek
- Missouri (6-10) Won 1 of 3 against South CArolina last weekend, then split a double header vs. Arkansas State midweek..
* Teams on Mizzou's 2013 schedule