Saturday, March 9, 2013

HI NOTES: Z is for Zoned


Mizzou vs. USF Highlights (Mizzou Network Video)

Scouts look on as Missouri pitcher Zastryzny throws complete game (Columbia Missourian)
The beanie-cap scout lists all the pluses he sees in the junior pitcher’s game: the strength of each pitch, a variety of pitches, an aggressive nature and a competitive streak...

“They’ve seen me throw 200 innings,” Zastryzny said. “Not all of them, but there’s been scouts here watching Matt Stites, Eric Anderson, guys who come in and play us. If they base it on this year, then they base it on this year, but I feel like I’ve thrown in front of scouts.” ...
Zastryzny goes the distance (PowerMizzou)
"[Dylan Kelly] is a phenomenal player. He may run a little weird, but he is a phenomenal player," Zastryzny said.
...
"I love playing at home," Zastryzny said. "I was out there panting in the 6th Inning, and our bench was firing me up. I can't wait to play more." ...
Zastryzny strikes out nine in complete game, Tigers win third straight (KBIA Sports Extra)
“In my mind, I was zoned in more than I had ever been in my life,” Zastryzny said. “It was time for me to stop what I was doing. I just need to rebuild off what I did today and do it for the rest of the season.”

After throwing 25 pitchers in the first inning, Zastryzny finished the game with 112, 77 for strikes. The complete game was the first for Zastryzny since April2012 against Texas Tech. Manager Tim Jamieson was very happy with the way Rob Z battled...

No comments:

Post a Comment