Saturday, February 9, 2013

Welcome Sam Nasci to SimmonsField.com

I'm pleased to announce a new contributor and new feature for SimmonsField.com this season.

Sam Nasci
Sam Nasci is a junior at Mizzou, studying sport management and statistics.
"I've been involved in baseball my entire life, and have had season tickets to the Seattle Mariners ever since I was three years old. I attended Eastlake High School in Sammamish, WA and while I was there, I lettered my last two years in high school, making the conference all-star game in my senior season. Instead of playing baseball after high school, I decided to come to Mizzou to focus on an education.
Sam has a great interest in baseball statistics and analytics. He is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research, and looks to apply his interest as a contributor to SimmonsField.com.

Our plan is to feature a blog post by Sam at noon the day before each series starts.  He will provide analysis and a preview to each opponent the Tigers face this year.

I'm very pleased to have Sam as a contributor.  Not only does this relieve some of the workload from my shoulders during the season, it will provide our readers with a level of coverage I've not been able to do.

So join me in welcoming Sam Nasci to the SimmonsField.com team.  He plans to be at as many home games as possible this season, so stop and introduce yourself when you see him around the ballpark.

You can also follow Sam on Twitter: @nasci

No comments:

Post a Comment