Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MU in the Minors

Crow learns from struggles in Royals bid (mlb.com)
"I was having trouble throwing strikes and being consistent," Crow said. "I think I was trying to overthrow last year, so I'm just trying to stay within myself, throw strikes and keep the ball down and I should be OK."

The basic problem, according to Northwest Arkansas pitching coach Larry Carter, was too many walks to innings pitched (59 in 119 1/3 innings for the Naturals). But Crow did his best to correct the problem.

"He's a great kid, probably one of the hardest-working individuals I've ever been around," Carter said. "He goes at it as hard as he can as long as he can. I don't know if he ever wears down."

Audio interview with Tyler Clark (tagsgf.com)

Brock Bond headed to Spring Training (patch.com)
Former LHS sports stand-out Brock Bond is heading to spring training this week. Fans will remember he played baseball for Lindbergh and was the quarterback for the football team. “He’s with the San Francisco Giants organization and played in Triple A last summer,” said Evan Pratte, director of baseball operations at the University of Missouri where Bond played college ball. Last year, Bond was a mid-season All-Star.

“I’m excited to get started this year,” Bond said in a phone interview from Spring Training in Scottsdale, AZ. “Last year [in Spring Training] I got to play in a major league game and I’m hoping I’ll get to do that this year.” Bond finished his degree at Mizzou this year, during baseball's off-season.
Rockies announce non-roster invitations (mlb.com)
Friedrich and right-hander Andrew Johnston are among homegrown players who haven't appeared in a Major League game and are attending big league camp for the second time.
MiLB roster breakdown (AZSnakepit.com)
Evan Frey - .286/.373/.356 line, .348 wOBA, 104 wOBA+ for Mobile - Frey's repeat campaign at Mobile was an incredible disappointment, as his wOBA+ jumped just one point from his 2009 mark of 103. Ollie Linton deserves a promotion to Reno more so than Frey does after their respective 2011 seasons, so Frey could find himself spending a third straight season with the BayBears


■ Still no 2011 Roster posted at mutigers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment