Thursday, February 16, 2012

HI NOTES: Hitter, Twitter, Hither and Yon

MU HALL OF FAME

Mizzou Network video of Max Scherzer's induction into the MU Athletics Hall of Fame
Max: "If you din't know it, my first hit was off Randy Johnson.  So that made me a good hitter. Which brings me to Coach J.  I'm a good hitter.  I told you every day I could hit.  I know I can pitch, but man could I hit, but you never let me hit.  That, and a .220 average in 2009 . . . I think that exemplifies what I could have done, but I'll let it slide." 
WORD ON THE TWEET
@kgib44: Good day all around down here in FL. Threw 50' for 20 throws & chipped & putted for the first time! Golf game is officially getting better!

@Max_Scherzer: Wow!!! just trying to figure out all the things with twitter. I can't stop laughing at the @thefakeespn!!!!!

@CoachPietro: They sure do love their Tigers down here in Auburn! http://t.co/ipydxEHg

@salbelf22: Getting dirty looks by people in downtown auburn. Reppin mizzou

BIG 12 9

♦ The Big 12 9 is so excited about out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new that they've forgotten they are the conference that holds back as much information about Baseball as possible. The 2013 Big 12 Baseball Conference Schedule has been released is now on Big12Sports.com.  The Red Raiders have to be looking forward to that March 22nd 1,500 mile bus ride from Lubbock to Morgantown, WV.  (MU's longest SEC trip will be a mere 1,000 miles to Gainesville, FL)

QUOTE
"It is a grueling position (catching). My knees will tell you that. I've had nine knee surgeries. I've had a couple of broken thumbs, one on each hand. I can look back at it and say it's worth it to be enshrined in Cooperstown. I don't have any pain in my knees right now."

Gary Carter, 1954-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment