Friday, September 25, 2009

Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes

The dream was falling apart (San Francisco Chronicle)

Garrett Broshuis: The dream that I had lived since I was a boy was falling apart. I had been given one game, and I didn't take advantage of it. As so often happens in this game, just as I had regained hope it had again been ripped away from me.

I'm not sure how much longer I can keep playing. Unless a person has some big league time, the minor leagues pay players so little that it is difficult to keep playing financially. I also have a wife that I have to think about. I love her dearly and I'm forced to be away from her for six months out of the year. She's very understanding, but I know how tough it is on her. It's tough on me.

Ian Kinsler is on the brink of a 30-30 season with the Texas Rangers (MLB.com)

■ According to Scout.com, former Tiger Jayce Tingler is managing the Texas Rangers' prospects in the Fall Instructional League in Arizona this year

Bryson LeBlanc Is Cowlitz Black Bears Head Coach (SummerBall.Blogspot.com)
Bryson LeBlanc is the first ever coach of the Cowlitz Black Bears. LeBlanc serves as the volunteer assistant coach for the University of Oregon, under legendary coach George Horton. "He's energetic, knows the game, and has the contacts to bring top college players to the Black Bears," said Cowlitz general manager Grant Wilson in making the announcement. A graduate of the University of Missouri with a degree in Biological Science, LeBlanc played for coach Tim Jamieson and the Tigers for two seasons. As a senior he helped Missouri reach the Super Regionals for the first time in school history.

No comments:

Post a Comment