- Time for a change. Losing a series to the last place team in the conference. 3 errors and currently losing 10-1 in the 9th inning. Sorry Smittyites, but it is time for a change. Offer him to retire so it's not a messy firing but this is ridiculous. This program went from Omaha and challenging for titles to straight up LOL.
- . . . and do it on monday please. my god, we suck.
- It's almost as if he's blowing it up on purpose. The good ship smitty is now officially rudderless and he has soiled his once good reputation. Unfortunately, it seems mote clear than ever that he just doesn't care.
- Today was my first time to be there in two or three years, and the whole atmosphere seemed uninspired, not even saying anything about the team. I know it's Easter weekend and all but the Ballpark was a desert wasteland compared to games of years past, and you could hear the softball game rockin' and rollin' amidst the silence. I went over there after the baseball game ended and there may have been MORE fans there than at the baseball game.
- Sweet. Loved seeing some of the seldom used players getting a chance and doing great in this game. CJ Jarvis, Andrew Thigpen....bat came alive today baby... Love it. Best weekend of the year.
- Looks like Jarvis earned himself some serious playing time the rest of the year. He played really well today, as did Schmidt and Mach.
- For the first time since March 23rd (17 games) the Tigers have surpassed five runs in a baseball game.
■ Today's Question: Are you surprised by MU Baseball's sluggish season? (Columbia Missourian, April 22)
MU's baseball team (15-22) is last in the Big 12 Conference and the only team not to have reached the 20-win mark this season. The Tigers are 3-9 in conference play.■ Baylor Baseball: Highlights vs. Missouri (Saturday) (You Tube)
■ Baylor Baseball: Highlights vs. Missouri (Friday) (You Tube)
■ Baylor Baseball: Highlights vs. Missouri (Thursday) (You Tube)
■ Missouri Baseball takes series from Baylor (KOMU-TV) - Includes VIDEO
It took them nearly a month, but the Missouri Tigers baseball team won it's first Big 12 series of the season today when they took down the Baylor Bears. The 10-1 victory marked the Tigers' biggest conference victory, and the first time Mizzou has scored double digit runs on a Big 12 team since May 23rd, 2010 against the Texas Longhorns.
■ MU Baseball falls to Baylor (KOMU TV)- Includes VIDEO
It took them nearly a month, but the Missouri Tigers baseball team won it's first Big 12 series of the season today when they took down the Baylor Bears. The 10-1 victory marked the Tigers' biggest conference victory, and the first time Mizzou has scored double digit runs on a Big 12 team since May 23rd, 2010 against the Texas Longhorns.■ Missouri Baseball takes series from Baylor (KOMU) - includes VIDEO
Despite receiving a boost in the form of four hits from junior Conner Mach, the Missouri Tigers failed in their bid to record their first series win in Big 12 play, losing on the road to Baylor, 6-3.■ 27 Takes (perfectgame.org)
Missouri: The Tigers are having a miserable season, but they finally had something to smile about on Saturday. Missouri split the first two games of its series against Baylor before dominating the Bears 10-1 in the series finale. Missouri starting pitcher Matt Stites struck out nine and allowed just a run on four hits in 7 2/3 innings, while Jonah Schmidt and C.J. Jarvis combined for nine hits at the plate. Perhaps this series win will get the Tigers going moving forward.
■ CBD Quick Hits for April 23 (Collegebaseballdaily.com)
The season is winding down, and many teams are working on postseason bids. The Big 12 looks to have at least four teams that are already set to get bids, but the rest of the league is battling it out to get there. Texas Tech, Kansas State and Nebraska are the closest three that appear to be either headed in, or in the extreme front of the bubble. Kansas and Baylor are on the fringe, and headed in different directions. Missouri, at 129 in the RPI, are pretty much out of the race, barring a conference tournament miracle