Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mizzou Baseball in the Minors & Majors

Three former Mizzou pitchers excel as pros (foxsportsmidwest.com)
The hill brings them back. Though Scherzer, Crow and Gibson have moved onto mounds under brighter lights, their time spent on The Summit has marked them. The lessons will never leave.

"If you were falling behind hitters, you ran the hill," Scherzer said. "It enforced the importance of working ahead against hitters, because that makes you successful."

Said Crow: "One time, when I was a freshman, I was supposed to run 15 or 16. I quit after 12."

Added Gibson with a laugh: "I think that was half my motivation to sign after my junior year."

Success binds Missouri's pitching lineage. Drive and discipline connect the players forever.

Read the rest of the story here. Excellent article.

No comments:

Post a Comment