Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quotes & Notes: 46th vs. 38th, 57 vs. 56, MiLB vs. Sr. year, Big 12 vs. Big 12

■ The Eastern Illinois Panthers are 32-9, with a Boyd's World RPI ranking of 46th, compared to Mizzou's #38 ranking.


■ The question was brought up at Tigerboard.com about the fact that the Tigers intentionally over-scheduled 1 extra game about the limit of 56 - but have yet to have a game cancelled outright because of weather. So which of the remaining games should they jettison, if the rain doesn't do the job for them? The answer seems clear to me, as I said in that discussion thread.

■ The Rochester Post-Bulletin has an interview with their hometown Tiger: Baseball draft right around the corner for Aaron Senne :
I have put thought into returning to Missouri for my senior season and it is a great option to have. I would love to go play pro ball and I would love to come back for one more year of Big 12 baseball, so just like I said before in 2006 it's a win-win situation for me. As for a round, I do not know what round or circumstances for that matter would make me decide to come back yet. I just want to focus on making the post season this spring and be a dangerous threat at making a run to Omaha. The draft matters will have to wait until our season is complete.

K-State's series victory over Texas tightens Big 12 (Kansas City Star):

No separation anxiety in Big 12 baseball this season. The teams are bunched too
close together.

Ninth-place Oklahoma State is three games behind first-place Texas A&M in the loss column. All 10 teams have two or three conference series remaining, and coaches said Monday they’d be surprised if the championship wasn’t settled until the final day.

“Maybe the last pitch,” Texas coach Augie Garrido said.

No comments:

Post a Comment