Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Huskies have nothing to lose

UW's Meggs: We've got nothing to lose (HeraldNet.com)
“What I like about this team is I feel like we’ve got nothing to lose,” he said. “Because of the change in the coaching staff and because of the mediocre record last year, I told the guys: ‘I don’t think people expect much from us.’ I don’t think Oregon State’s worried about us. I don’t think UCLA’s worried about us.

“And in a way, we might be able to sneak up on some people. And maybe that’ll give us some time to figure it out, and maybe we can make a run at the end, and who knows what could happen?”

Quick turnarounds have been a staple of Meggs’s 23-year coaching career. He took a seven-win Chico State program and turned it into a national contender by Year Three, then won the first of his two NCAA Division II national titles the following year. Meggs moved on to Indiana State in 2007, turning the Sycamores around while earning Missouri Valley Conference coach-of-the-year honors in his third season there.

No comments:

Post a Comment