Alec Rash was interviewed yesterday on AM 1700 The Champ (ESPN affiliate in Des Moines) AUDIO HERE
- Is there still a chance you'll sign with the Phillies? All the negotiations have come to an end.
- You like to do the long toss from foul pole to foul pole. Was that an issue with the Phillies or with Missouri? Missouri is 100% all in with long toss, and that made my decision easier.
- Was it about the money? It's not about the money, but it really is...My number was $800,000 and they knew that from the beginning. I just felt like that was what it would take to take me away from the great college experience and playing in the SEC and all that.
- What about playing against the higher competition in the SEC? I made my commitment before they came to the SEC. When I heard that, I was fine with that. The reason I wanted to play for the Big 12 is because that was a great conference and the reason I chose Mizzou is because its close to home. And now that they're going to the SEC its a better conference and I'm going to be playing against better opponents and its just a great opportunity for me to get better.
- What are some parts of your game you expect to be working on at Mizzou? I'm going to work on overall conditioning of my arm, more arm strength. And a change up .. I think with a change up I could be a million times more effective.
- What do you say to people when they ask how you could turn down all that money? I tell them that I believe in myself and in what I'm doing and what Missouri's going to do for me, and I'm going to walk away with a lot more money than that in three years
- You had a couple of losses down the stretch this season. Were you distracted? When the draft came along I was really distracted from my training. I'm a really strict long toss guy and I missed a good two weeks of that.
- Can we safely say there's a zero per cent chance a surprise is going to come up before the deadline? Is it a done deal? Done deal