- Fond Farewell: This series will be the final time that any Longhorn team in any sport plays at Mizzou in a Big 12 contest. You'll want to be there to help plant a sizzling MIZ-SEC brand on their flanks.
- UT Arrogance: “Don’t get in a pissing contest with Texas because you’re not going to win,” Walsworth recalled Dodds saying. (Columbia Tribune, 11/7/2011)
- UT Fans: TexasUFO on HornFans.com, in reply to "Mizzou to SEC official now": They've been jumping up and down with their skirt up for a long time trying to give themselves away to anyone that was willing to take them. I am glad they finally got "picked up". They have been pathetic and embarrasing themselves begging for someone to love them. Athletically they've been irrevelant in the Big 12. They'll be the same in the SEC in football, but pribably better in a very, very weak basketball conference.
- Disrespect: This could be the last chance to make a lot of noise and drown out the Longhorn players when they dare to stand on Simmons Field and sing their creepy stalker version of "I've Been Working on the Railroad".
- SEC Practice: Mizzou fans need to get in the habit of packing the park for big conference games. In the SEC, baseball attracts crowd larger than Taylor Stadium can even hold (the average attendance at all SEC home games in 2011 was 4,899). and some SEC schools are notorious for baseball fans who travel to away games in large numbers and in very loud spirit. MU needs to protect their house and not be outdone in our own ballpark.
- Heckling: The Longhorns are always an easy team to heckle, whether the focus is their cow-poop uniforms or the venerable and heckle-able Augie Garrido (link NSFW). This is your last chance to skewer the Shorthorns, and, most especially, to remind SS Jordan Etier that we haven't forgotten his 15 minutes of fame.
- Best Show in CoMo: MU Football and Basketball are over. MU Softball is in Oregon. The Cards are in Houston. The Royals are still the Royals. Come on out and see how much fun Mizzou Baseball can be!
- It's a Beautiful Day for a Ballgame!
• Friday: 87 / Partly Cloudy
• Saturday: 88 / Sunny
• Sunday: 87 / Partly Cloudy
- It's Baseball!! It's the National Anthem and Take Me Out to the Ballgame and hitters' and pitchers' walk-up songs.. It's popcorn and peanuts and, if you're brave, a heater dog. It's "inside baseball" with pitchers taking advantage of those new bats and hitters playing for 1 run and hoping to build a rally. It's a mix of future major leaguers and future doctors and stock brokers, all playing their hearts out, chasing the dream. It's 1-2-3 strikes you're out and sending the runner home in the bottom of the 9th. It's telling the ump to turn the plate over and read the directions. It's ridiculous hula hoop contests and Mizzou Baseball trivia. It's guys watching the bat-girls/grounds-crew and girls checking out the ballplayers in their tight uniforms. It's that moment in a Friday night game when the sun has set and the stadium lights have turned the field into a sparkling diamond and you smile to yourself and remember the first time you went to a ballgame with your dad. It's baseball. You don't want to miss it.
Monday, April 30, 2012
9 Reasons Why Taylor Stadium should be sold out this weekend
Tigers on Deck, has said they want to see 3,000 at the MU-UT games this coming weekend. Here's the Top Nine Reasons why we should help them reach that goal: