Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Conference Hokey-Pokey™: Big 12 Celebrity Roast


This next link is a must-click-and-read:

Portraits of Conference Realignment (RockMNation.com)
ESPN, the Worldwide Leader of Sports and Sports-Like Substances
1. Create Byzantine network of conflicting media deals
2. Watch in horror as your conflicts of interest reshape the landscape of college sports
3. Suspend Bruce Feldman

Realignment anonymous (Tigerboard.com)
westntiger: Hello, my name is westntigerfan and I'm a realignment-aholic. I've been hooked on realignment since December of 2009 when the big ten announced they were looking to expand. I began searching and searching the Internet for all the info I could find on it. I remember how sad I was the day they took those cornchuckers from Nebraska. I now hate the big ten...I mean mubobby said it was a done deal and we were finally away from those donkey balls down at ut....how could mubobby miss lead us...now it is 2011 and my addiction is running rampant again....I have these visions of grandeur in the SEC....I can't sleep at night, I just lie in bed all night realigning conferences and always sticking the chickenhawks in some horrible conference like the swac or the pioneer. Won't OU finally leave this conference and kill it so I can stop this addiction and move on...my god make up your mind and do it!! Well anyway that's my story in a nutshell. Thank you

novembereleven: 12 steps no longer good enough, everyone going to 16 steps . . . ...but you may have to travel about 900 miles to find a meeting.

Another great take on the mess:

The Pac Trail: A GIF journey west (kegsneggsblogs.com)
Welcome to The Pac Trail, a wonderful spin-off on The Oregon Trail which taught you how to not cross deep rivers in the computer gaming world as children. If you’re not following CuppyCup on Twitter, do so. He makes expansion mania bearable, which is impressive given the madness that has ensued...
Also check out http://cuppygifs.com/


And the biggest joke of all?


Timing of Big 12's demise is ironic (espn.com)
What I can't get past? The league is in the ugly, litigation-filled process of imploding. And, to think, they say football is all that matters in realignment.

On Monday, ESPN Stats & Information updated its conference rankings. For all of last season, the SEC dominated the ranking. This week?

There's a new No. 1.

This ranking, remember, comes without Nebraska, one of the nation's elite programs and one currently ranked No. 9 in both polls.

♦ And Darkow has a great cartoon in the Trib (click the LINK to see the whole thing):


@trripleplay on twitter: I'd rather watch a JAYHAWK pep rally than Charlie Sheen roast

No comments:

Post a Comment