Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mizzou in the Minors: Coleman signs

■ Trevor Coleman (07-09) has signed with the Seattle Mariners. He has joined the Everett AquaSox of the Class A Northwest League.

■ The Columbia Tribune reminisces about MU alums in the All-Star Game in All-Stars and stripes:
A pitcher on Missouri’s College World Series runner-up team in 1958, O’Donoghue went 26-39 with a 5.54 ERA over his first four minor league seasons. But something clicked in 1964.

“And now, here I am as a 25-year-old in the bullpen watching Sandy Koufax warm up and hearing my name introduced with Hank Aaron and Eddie Matthews and Pete Rose,” O’Donoghue said. “For one year, I was there with the very best players in the game.”
. . .
The finest year of Laudner’s baseball life came in the twilight of a nine-year career with the Twins.

“It was unbelievable,” Laudner said. “I grew up in Minny, and if you had told me I’d play in the major leagues, then win the World Series and make an All-Star team, I’d say you were nuts. I accomplished everything I could have ever wanted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment