"We're kind of on our heels for some reason," shortstop Eric Garcia said. "But I honestly can't tell you what we're doing right now."♦ Missouri edged by Kansas for season-ending [???] series loss (The Maneater)
. . .
"This is who we've been all year," Jamieson said. "This is another example of why we can't get over the hump."
The Jayhawks roughed Miles up by scoring four runs in the first three innings. Miles only made it through two full frames and was charged with the two runs Kansas notched in the third inning before being handed his second loss of the season.♦ Jayhawks Clinch Spot In Big 12 Championship, Knock Off Missouri, 6-3 (WIBW)
After being shut out the night before, Missouri hitters continued to struggle. It took six innings for the Tigers to get a run and they only managed four hits off Kansas starter Wes Benjamin. Junior shortstop Eric Garcia led the Tigers with two hits.
The Jayhawks have now won nine of their last 10 games against Missouri, including five-straight at Hoglund Ballpark.♦ Opel Sets Sights on Jayhawks (KOMU VIDEO)
Opel said "We're trying to sweep KU, obviously. And if me hitting home runs helps that out, that'd be great."♦ Missouri's 2 losses to Kansas dropped them from 86th to 95th and now to 101st in the BoydsWorld.com RPI rankings.
Opel said, "I grew up in a huge Mizzou family. My dad played football here, my mom went here, my brother went here, so I've grown up in a big, I guess, hating-KU family is a good way to put it."
"We don't like them. They don't like us," said Opel
♦ Big 12 standings and possibilities as of this morning:
- Baylor is #1 and has clinched the #1 seed in the Tournament
- Texas A&M has clinched the #2 seed
- Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas are all tied at 3rd. Any of them could finish at 3rd, 4th or 5th
- Missouri has clinched 6th place. They will play the 3rd seed in the opening round of the tournament.- most likely Oklahoma, but still to be determined.
- Kansas is in 7th place, but could drop to 8th if both Missouri and Kansas State win today.
- Kansas State is in 8th and has to win today to have a shot at 7th.
- Texas Tech is in 9th place and cannot move out of 9th. A win today would tie them with Kansas State, but, having lost the past two games to the Wildcats, Tech comes up on the short end of the head-to-head tie-breaker.
MU IN THE MINORS
♦ Senne glad to be playing again (Rochester Post Bulletin)
Now the trick might be how Aaron Senne reacts once the splint comes off his left pinky finger.
Because just this week, things are starting to flow for the former Rochester Mayo and University of Missouri baseball star, splint and all.
Senne has seven hits in his last 16 at bats for the Class A Greensboro Grasshoppers. That includes a 4-for-4 performance with a pair of doubles and four RBIs on Monday.