Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MU 18, Western Illinois 4

■ Missouri shivers to victory, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune:

“I don’t care where you’re from, this is cold,” said Missouri right fielder
Senne, a native of Rochester, Minn. “It was not comfortable one bit.”

Tim Jamieson, in his 15th season coaching the Tigers, said last night’s game ranked in the bottom 10 of his tenure on the comfort index.

“We’ve played in worse,” he said, “but not much worse.”

PowerMizzou.com highlights a great play early in the game by OF Aaron Senne:
The Tigers started sophomore Tyler Clark who allowed an early hit. Leatherneck third baseman Drew Laidig stepped to the plate and belted a ball down the right field line only to be robbed by a diving Aaron Senne. Senne proceeded to double off the runner at first and ended any scoring possibility Western Illinois had.

"I saw it and knew with the wind it was going to be tailing towards the line," Senne said. "I had to stay behind it because it was blowing out, so I just tracked it down and got close enough that I could lay out for it and thank God it stuck in my glove. I didn't know if it was going to. It was so cold."

No comments:

Post a Comment