Friday, March 6, 2009

Alternate perspectives on MU vs Ball State

■ I'm sitting at a table at Panera Bread in Branson, soft classical music wafting in the background, a large chocolate chip cookie at my left hand, and a tall cup of coffee at my right, listening by wi-fi on my laptop to the game. And in the background behind the ever-present voices of Tex and Huddy, I hear the usual Friday night rowdies making lots of noise at the ball park. Certainly a different way to follow the game. Pardon me, i need to refill my coffee cup . . .

■ The Ball State Daily News says Ball State looks to knock off preseason top 25 team:

Despite Missouri's struggles, coach Greg Beals said he expects a strong test for Ball State in its four-game series beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday.

"I'm expecting to see a very good baseball team," Beals said. "They got off to a tough start, but playing against great competition. We're expecting the same team that was picked in the preseason to be in the top 25."



■ The Greenfield Daily Reporter is excited to report that two of its home town baseball stars are facing off this weekend at Simmons Field: Former Cougar teammates face off on college diamond:

Former Cougar stars Kyle Gibson and Aaron Hammons will be reunited when Missouri hosts Ball State in a four-game series starting Friday.

Hammons, a junior relief pitcher for the Cardinals, said he expects a large crowd from Greenfield to make the trip to Columbia, Mo. Gibson said he’s heard that number could be well over 100 when he takes the mound for the Tigers on Friday night.

“I just think it’s neat that so many people are going to make the six-hour trip to see
Aaron and I play,” said Gibson, Missouri’s junior ace. “We’re probably going to have more fans there than everybody else combined, so it should be pretty cool.”


The Fighting Lettermen. heh

■ By the way, I took a tour through Springfield on my way to Branson today, wanted to see the Missouri State ballpark. Nice stadium. Too bad it sits in a city that looks like the armpit of Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment