Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Garrett Broshuis to write for Baseball America

Garrett Broshuis (02-04) is getting a bit of a career promotion this season - from the Sporting News to Baseball America. For a few years now, Brosh has been writing a player's blog for Sporting News, and has distinguished himself with his humor, insight and writing ability.

Apparently the folks at Baseball America agree, as they have picked up Garrett's writing contract for 2009. Not sure if they still owe Sporting News a copy-boy to be named later.

Brosh's first entry as a "Prospect Diarist" asks and answers the ubiquitous question: Are you ready for the season?

I had a good season last year, and feel that I am closer than ever to reaching this goal. Snared in a tar pit called Double A the last few years, I may have finally scratched and clawed myself out of this trap. Hope and eternal optimism still drive me.

There are enough pitchers in minor league camp to fill a small rock quarry. Most are younger, only a handful are older. Some of the young guys I have never even met. Many will not even survive the spring. All of them I'll be competing against, but I'll be doing so with a smile on my face. They're all my teammates, and I love every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment