|Simmons Field pre-Taylor Stadium|
- You see jersey number 41 on the field and the first name you think of is first baseman Cody Ehlers, not pitcher John Miles.
- You show up for a game at Taylor Stadium with the temperature in the 80s and you layered up and brought an extra jacket
- You saw Tiger Baseball games coached by Gene McArtor. Extra points if you saw John Hi Simmons coach.
- You remember Phil Bradley as a hot-hitting outfielder more than as a league-leading quarterback.
- You've ever been nervous walking up the rickety stairs to the old pre-Taylor Stadium press box
- You've watched a game from under the grandstand during a rain shower
- You have listened to someone other than Tex Little do play-by-play of Tiger Baseball on the radio.
- You remember when Pietroburgo was a pitcher who was drafted by the Seattle Mariners, not a catcher who became a Mizzou assistant coach
- You were a fan of Big 8 baseball. Extra points if you were a Big 7 or even Big 6 fan.
|SEC Baseball Fan's Guide to|
- You show up at a game when the temperature is in the upper 60s, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and are surprised how cold it is.
- You park in the middle of the main parking lot so you'll be close to the gate, and then come out to see a baseball-sized hole through the windshield. Of the car next to yours. You hope.
- You ask, "Who's that guy yelling, Let's Go Mizzou! Let's Go Mizzou!?"
- You believe the Event Staff when they tell you the lower section is only for reserved seat season ticket holders
- You're surprised when the Event Staff won't let you take in the sodas you stashed in your bag. And you haven't learned the tricks for getting them in anyway.
- The attendance is over 2,000 and you wonder why the crowd is so small.
- You don't get excited when the Tigers beat a bad Kansas Jayhawks team.
- The numbers 1954, 15, 33 and 34 mean nothing to you.
- You're surprised at how much fun you can have at Simmons Field.