Friday, October 28, 2011

Mizzou Baseball in the Minors

Twins prospect Gibson talks elbow surgery (foxsportsnorth.com)
Gibson is beginning a lengthy rehab process as he aims to get back on the mound. Recovery from the ligament replacement surgery can take anywhere from 12 to 18 months. Gibson can't start throwing again until January, but he's doing everything he can before then to make sure the 2012 season isn't a complete loss.

"Any time you have surgery and when you're not able to play baseball, the game that we all love to play, it takes a lot of gut checks and really figuring out who you are and making sure that mentally you're in the spot that you need to be," Gibson said. "I think my faith and having family that's so supportive and teammates that are so supportive, it really helps. It makes it easy to realize that I've got to go every day and work hard, and I'm not working for tomorrow or the next day but I'm working for six months down the road."

No comments:

Post a Comment