Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mizzou in the Majors

Mathis keeping eye on World Series (White Mountain Independent)
Mathis is scheduled to depart for winter ball in the Dominican Republic on Wednesday.

“I’ve never played winter ball,” he said. “I was supposed to play last year but it didn’t work out. My arm wasn’t feeling that great. But this year I’m going down to work on some stuff.”

And he has a couple of things to work on as he looks to get back to the majors and remain there.

“I had an up and down year, kind of inconsistent,” he said. “I’m going to work on my stuff and correct some mistakes. That’s the biggest thing I’m going down there for. The bottom line is it’s a good competition level. There are a lot of big league guys from the Dominican Republic playing down there and a couple of my teammates are going. As it gets closer to spring training the talent level picks up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment