Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mizzou Baseball in the Majors

Ian Kinsler returns to Rangers and returns to familiar place in the lineup (dallsnews.com)
Ian Kinsler was back in a familiar spot Monday.

He led off. It's where he spent part of 2007 and most of 2008-09. But it was the first time he's led off since Oct. 3, 2009.

"I still like hitting in the first inning because I think that's where I'm at my best," said Kinsler, who went 1-for-5. "My goal is to touch home plate as many times as I can in the game. Obviously that takes the guys behind me, but you can't score unless you get on base."

Former Missouri pitcher Scherzer sees streak end (Columbia Missourian)
Max Scherzer's run of efficient labor ended on Labor Day.

The Detroit pitcher, and former Missouri ace, allowed four earned runs on nine hits in 7 1/3 innings, walking two and striking out six.

No comments:

Post a Comment