Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes: Houston College Classic

Purke shines in win against Missouri (Baseball America)

"I thought he [Nick Tepesch] pitched real well," Jamieson said. "The thing that I saw today was when he got into trouble, he had another gear he could go to, and we hadn't seen that out of him this year. Each start's gotten a little better, and this is certainly the best team he's pitched against, so I thought he pitched well."
Houston beats Texas 1-0 in Houston College Classic (Austin American-Statesman)
"I think it's about heart with this team," said Loy, who had one of Texas' three hits. "We're getting up there and we're worried about whether we're going to strike out or get on base. It's about that right now and it's not about doing what needs to be done. I think we're a better team than they are. I don't think right now we're playing with a lot of heart or hard work.
Crow works two strong innings as Royals beat Rangers (Kansas City Star)

OK, it’s not the Border War, which didn’t go so well today for Crow’s Tigers in a 77-56 loss to Kansas. But, hey, it’s still marked a nice spring debut for the Royals’ first-round pick in last year’s draft.

“There were a lot of people in the stands,” Crow said. “It was a lot better than doing it on the back fields. It got me pumped up a little bit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment