Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Game Day: MU 9, UAPB 0

Freshman boosts confidence in Missouri baseball team's victory (Columbia Missourian)
Brown said the home run gets the monkey off his back, and boosts his confidence before Big 12 Conference play starts on Friday.

“It raises it quite a bit,” Brown said. “Just knowing that I finally pulled a ball with some power was good to do. I’ve been working on that because I’ve been a little late with the pitching, still adjusting to college. It gives me a lot of confidence going into conference because now I know I can handle this pitching.”
Missouri student-athlete spotlight: Aaron Senne (Big12Sports.com)
“Once or twice I’ve thought about what it would have been like to have signed a professional contract out of high school,” Senne said. “After the past 3 and a half years, I am very glad that I decided to come to school instead. The relationships I’ve made, the memories I will have forever, and the degree I am going to come out of here with are all very important to me and are a part of the college experience that I did not want to miss out on.”
Mizzou Baseball Player & Pitcher of the Week (mutigers.com)
Player of the Week: Brett Nicholas -- INF/C -- Junior

Junior Brett Nicholas hit three home runs and drove in six in Missouri's three games against North Dakota last week. He hit .444 (4-for-9) in the series and had a slugging percentage of 1.444. Nicholas had a home run in the series opener, connecting on a two-run shot. He then hit two home runs in game two of the series, driving in four runs in that game. Nicholas' first homer of the second game was a three-run home run in the third inning. He then added a solo shot in the sixth. Nicholas singled in the first at-bat in the final game against North Dakota and now has an eight-game hitting streak. He has had at least on hit in 12 of the 15 games in which he has an at-bat this season. Nicholas is hitting .385 on the season. He leads the team with 20 RBI and is second on the squad with four home runs.

Mizzou Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Nick Tepesch -- RHP -- Junior

Missouri junior Nick Tepesch did not allow a run and gave up just three hits in six innings pitched to pick up the win over North Dakota on Saturday. Tepesch struck out eight as the Tigers shutout UND. Tepesch struck out three batters in both the first and fifth innings. The win moved him to 2-0 on the season. Tepesch has struck out a team-leading 19 batters in 23.1 innings pitched.


No comments:

Post a Comment