Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes

CSD's Custom Cards chose a photo of Blake Brown for one of his creations.
As I said earlier I was in Austin and was lucky enough to be able to catch a few innings of an Aggies home game. One of the pictures that I took caught my eye, and that is why Caleb is in this set. He is not one of the top 100 college players like Gary Brown was, but he did make a tough catch in the wind and I was lucky enough to capture it on film (or digital media). The ball was hit by Blake Brown, and his follow through on that hit can be seen on his card
Happy birthday, Doug Mathis (lonestarball.com)
Great photo: Texas Rangers relief pitcher Doug Mathis ducks away from a flying bat let go by Kansas City Royals' Jason Kendall, during a steal attempt by Mike Aviles in the sixth inning of a baseball game Sunday, May 9, 2010, in Arlington, Texas. The bat cleared Mathis and Aviles was thrown out by the catcher on the play in the 6-4 Rangers win.
■ Former Tiger Hunter Mense was promoted to the Double-A Jackson Suns (minorleaguebaseball.com)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I really wish that I had found this website before my trip to Texas. Great job!

    ReplyDelete