Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes

Conference realignment will force a road more travelled for baseball (NewsOK.com)
"As far as realignment, we're just a mosquito on top of the water, waiting for a fish to grab us,” Texas said Augie Garrido said. "Very few things are done because of baseball. It's about football. So I guess we're going to do what they tell us to do.”
. . .
"I think it would,” said Texas A&M coach Rob Childress. "(Playing in the SEC) sounds like it would be a lot of fun. But when you start talking about our school, joining the SEC would result in a lot of travel.”

While baseball coaches hope they'll be considered during realignment talks, decisions won't be made because of them, or their programs.

"Don't think I haven't thought about it,” admitted Oklahoma coach Sunny Golloway. "When I first heard about it, the possibility of Nebraska and Missouri leaving, I started thinking, who could potentially be. ... right then, I stopped. I'm the baseball coach. We understand, we're a baseball program within the athletic department. We're proud of football. It's the program that drives (the athletic department). It's the engine. We understand that.

Big 12 Baseball Q&A: Missouri LF Ryan Gebhart (NewsOK.com)
What is your favorite non-baseball sport? “Does Ping-Pong count? I really like to play that.


After a tough year, a fun finish (Columbia Tribune)
“I don’t know the exact statistic,” Jamieson said, “but I know at one time we were second in the league in runs scored per game in conference. And if we were to match that up with a quality pitching staff, we wouldn’t be talking about going home right now.”

But they are talking about coming back. The unseen benefit to playing a number of different lineups is that many returning players got experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment