Saturday, February 28, 2009

Northern Illinois 5, Missouri 2

I've loved baseball since I was a kid. When I got older, I discovered Mizzou baseball, and fell head over heels in love with the game. There is not much I enjoy more in life than sitting at Simmons Field, watching every pitch, every hit, every part of the graceful evolution of a game. When I'm at the game, or listening to Tex and Hudson on the radio, I often get into that zone where my job, my busy schedule, my other life completely leaves my thoughts. Total relaxation.

But when it gets like this, when the Tigers lose 7 in a row, to tough opponents and patsy opponents alike, something changes.

This is like sitting and slowly savoring a large French Vanilla cappuccino with a touch of cinnamon, enjoying the experience, and then finding a dead cockroach in the bottom of the cup.

And pretty soon, you begin to nervously expect to find the cockroach.

Go Mizzou.

No comments:

Post a Comment