Sunday, November 30, 2008

Coach's report on 2009 recruit Eric Anderson

We've received more details about 2009 Recruit Eric Anderson. Most of the info I had been able locate about him said a lot about his football exploits and stats, but very little about him as a baseball player. So I went to the source.

Here are some comments from his high school coach, Mark Goldsberry:
Last spring Eric played all 19 games for us at shortstop. He was first team all league at that position and honorable mention all state. He also pitches. He did not pitch for us last spring because of a arm situation. We closed with him in the summer, and he will be our number one this coming spring. I believe Missouri recruited Eric as a pitcher with a opportunity to play a position. His upside is incredible. One of the best athletes I have coached in 19 years. He is 6'4 and about 210, and I don't think he is done growing. Last year he hit .490. His on base percentage was .560 and his slugging percentage was .887. He had 8 homeruns, 6 doubles, and 3 triples. He also had 30 RBI'S. I believe his future is on the mound. If I was to project him in the future, I would say he will be a power pitcher that will top out in the mid 90's with a plus breaking ball. He needs work on developing a third pitch. Missouri got a special athlete and a special person. It will be fun to watch him develop the next four years.
One note about those comments. Another source tells me that Colorado High School Athletics only allows 19 spring games, "so aggregate number always pale compared to warmer states."

No comments:

Post a Comment