Friday, January 28, 2011

College Baseball Online: More News

Good News/Bad News (CollegeBaseballToday.com)
The good news is that ESPN.com is going to be amping up their college baseball coverage a bit more this year than they have in recent years. The bad news? Looks like I’ll be a major part of that amping up additional content.

So yes, ESPN will become Eric Sorenson’s Propaganda Network for a full year. As you guys might recall, I wrote the weekend previews for the Worldwide Leader in Sports during the month of May last season after Baseball America stopped providing the content for them. Oh and of course I can’t wait for the ‘anonymous’ people and their angst-filled comments after each column, ripping me a new one. Remember how bad the South Carolina fans got on my ass last year? It should be much worse this time around… but I love it.

Not sure exactly what the weekly content will be for ESPN.com, but it probably involve the weekend preview “Notebook” as I wrote last season, but they’ve also mentioned some video aspects to the site and another writer getting involved with some SEC/ACC coverage too. So I won’t be alone in this coverage.
. . .

There will be a small redesign/layout change on the site real soon as the boys at Easton are working on that as we speak. In the meantime, I’ve gotten out of the cave for a few days and am on a ski vacation in Mammoth, California. When I get back, I’ll begin posting my voluminous conference-by-conference, team-by-team previews on the site. My internet connection up here is quite spotty at best, so I can’t work on much of anything up here anyway. And again, this IS a vacation for me. As long as I avoid the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment